31 July 2012

Do ya or Don't ya

Do you see that movie that you both really really want to see or do you wait? Do you put the child in sports even though Daddy won't be there to coach or do you wait? Do you pick out the bedroom set or do you wait? Do you go visit the fancy castles or do you wait?

This can be tough all for one reason: GUILT! Guilt can make you feel like poop and the amount of things during a deployment that can make you feel guilt is astronomical! My MIL mentioned wanting to go visit some castles that are around us and it is absolutely something I want to do BUTTTTTTT the first thing I thought about was how much I know my love would want to go and how I want him to see our sons face the first time he sees a real castle, I thought about how "magical" this little trip could be and how even if we went when he came home it wouldn't be the same.... What movie was it "great now I have guilt"

Its hard to make a decision like this don't you think? I mean obviously life has to go on but the things you choose to experience in life are really kinda sorta up to you. Do you choose to go and explore or do you wait?

I have seen some people who will literally do NOTHING until their love is home because they don't want him missing out. I feel the same way but I learned a long time ago that life does have to go on. Time still has to move and you need to enjoy life in a manner that makes you both happy. Go see a movie and then see it wrapped in a blanket with pop corn when he comes home, wait on family pictures, go to the beach, wait to take a cruise. In my opinion if it is something little that isn't going to really matter or really be a memory in 5 years then do it keep yourself entertained. It would be wrong of your love to expect otherwise. Something like a first experience I am more inclined to wait on. We probably won't go see the castle and obviously no trips to Disney for us but come winter when I am sad my love is missing out on our sons first snow man he is still going to build it. We will still go sledding and throw snow balls.

4 comments:

Dad said...

and you'll go see that castle. Give him a camera and let him show me what he liked. I can't be there to see him but I'd love to see it threw his eye's...

Just another Army wife.... said...

<3 and thats why your my love.

Holly said...

That kinda reared me up there dad! Haha I remember 2 main things up here I balled about.. I went and saw the northern lights and the first time we saw a bear I balled like a baby.. It's hard to chose but like daddio said I'm sure they still appreciate seeing it threw there kids eyes.. Plus just imagine how excited lil will be when he gets to take dad to the castle and show him everything he loved.. Tough feat tho I know!

Sarah said...

I love this and I love Steve's encouraging comment. Almost made me cry. I'm glad that you both are able to communicate across all those miles and make the effort to appreciate things in a different way that we civilians sometimes take for granted.