to·tems
noun
1. a natural object or an animate being, as an animal or bird, assumed as the emblem of a clan, family, or group.
2. an object or natural phenomenon with which a family or sib considers itself closely related.
3. a representation of such an object serving as the distinctive mark of the clan or group.
4. anything serving as a distinctive, often venerated, emblem or symbol.
I have a name tape that my love left behind because it was a little screwy... His intentions where to throw it out however I kept it. I always try to find things that remind me of him. Little things I can look at, hold, smell and know it was a part of him. If that makes since. I try to leave it where I know I will need it the most. The place I can exhale. For me and for whatever reason that has always been in the truck. His name tape is on the visor and every time I get in the truck I can breath, I sorta feel like he is watching over us, keeping us safe from miles away. Its just a little something that helps me believe he is coming home, helps me to be able to hold on that much longer, something that just makes me feel closer.
Last deployment I had his old rank with me in my purse that way whenever I missed him I could hold on to something....Something tangible the evoked all sorts of memories.
Just a little something to make him feel that much closer to me.
2 comments:
It's truly amazing how such a simple, little object, such as the name tape or rank can make you feel that way, and bring you peace. I love that you do that! For me....I refuse to put his laundry away. It's clean and in a basket, and I mix my stuff up in it as well so that I have to dig through his stuff to get to mine. It makes me feel like he's still here, just at work. If I put it away then I won't see it for eight more months....then it will feel like he's really gone. Crazy....yes I know :)
Mine is his combat boots, the stay where he left them and they will till he gets home.. I know I can glance un that corner where I yelled at him for leaving them there because I stubbed my toe in them but bet your bottom dollar they are still there! It makes me feel like he is still here
Post a Comment