08 July 2012

Inadiment Object conspiracy

I'm telling you... Your stuff knows when your husband leaves! All your stuff starts laughing and it all decides to bite the dust just to see your head spin off into space. Since my love has left a mysterious dent has appeared, something started growing in the trash can, I've had a sleep study, the computer is dead or dying still not sure if it's life will be speared or not, tri care has messed up with some referrals ect.. In the hands of a lesser military wife without an iPhone life would be getting stressful. Thats the rub though that's the cycle. The cycle of a deployment certainly mirrors that of grief. Not saying I am better then anyone just more prepared then some. I know the cycle and knowing is half the battle. It's okay to feel all the feelings that come with a deployment; anger, hate, dis trust, lonely, pride, happiness, accomplishment and on and on. Knowing the feelings will be coming helps me to endure them a little better giving myself permission to "mourn" in a way. I tell myself it's okay to be angry at the damn light bulbs that waited to go out... I tell myself it's okay to not be happy even though I'm incredibly proud of my husband. It's not taking it a day at a time it's taking it a feeling at a time, a situation at a time. Get through one light bulb, one check engine light, one ER visit at a time. Don't allow yourself to be over whelmed this is your time to take care of you because if you don't then who will? Sure a friend or an FRG member will be there at a moments notice but they aren't there the second the feeling starts, so which ever one comes be sure your ready to deal with them and when they are stronger and harder then you thought allow yourself to feel the feeling and allow yourself the permission to deal with it...

1 comment:

Julie Williams said...

Beautifully said! Deployment is a lot like grief and mourning. The emotions are pretty much the same. The more prepared you are, the better it is to handle. We will all have our good days and bad days, no matter how many times we've been through this, it's how we choose to handle it that makes the difference. You are an amazing person and have a lot to offer these younger spouses. I'm so happy that we have you in our "family" now :)