16 July 2012

Missing the call

For some wives (okay probably all of them) missing the hubbs phone call can literally make your insides hurt. I always think "omg he probably thinks I think I had something better to do then take his call" or "what if THAT was the only time I will ever ever talk to him again". It can be pretty stressful! I will get mad at my phone, the tv, the patrons in a store for all being to loud and take the blame off my shoulders, and all of that happens in the first 5 seconds after I miss the call. I am telling you the majority of wives with deployed husbands will have the phone in their hands or setting on the table right next to them and they will probably check about 90 times a minute to make sure the phone is still working. I know in my case I always have to talk myself down because this is one thing that just makes me angry and sad and depressed and sick all at the same time. I don't have any good advice when it comes to this subject. There are just SOMETHINGS that you don't learn to deal with well. Once you calm yourself down you can rationalize oh he will call back, or he knows sometimes I am doing whatever and cant answer or he probably really thinks I am just in the shower ect. Does it make me feel any better NO not until I hear his voice the next time. I woke up this morning to a facebook message from my love and the first thing I thought was "dang it ive missed him" then I checked the volume on my phone to make sure it was turned all the way up. Made me feel like poop didn't matter that is was like 5am when the message came through. Its a mind game for me and I just have to tell myself over and over that I logically know he will call back and he will understand. As with everything there are those exceptions when some guys don't understand because hearing your voice was going to be the only good thing in their day but even then all you can do is apologize and listen and maybe when he calms down he will understand.

No comments: