24 July 2012

Dealing with the whiners....

I came across a Facebook status the other day that made me think to myself: "Man I hope I never sounded like that". The status was something to the effect of "I hate when people complain about their husbands being gone- and they are only gone for like a day or a week" then some of the comments included things like "I hate when truck drivers wives complain or people whose husband are away on business complain", "they should all consider what we are going through"...... This type of subject rubs me the wrong way sorta like the way stepping on those pricky thorns in the yard rub me the wrong way. Its annoying and completely useless.

Here is my constructive criticism on that matter: NOT A ONE OF YOU have the right to tear down or be little anyone about how much they complain. You sign up for this, so unless your love joined the military in a time where it didn't include the possibility of war just remember you are NO better then anyone else. Just because you feel like you are special and deserve special treatment because your love is gone gives you no right to talk so negatively about someone who didn't make that choice.

I understand how it makes you feel because I have been there an felt the sting. I have thought to myself "be lucky he isn't gone for 15 months or a year" but I would never currently say to someone "get over it your husband is just a truck driver" The physiological effect of your loved one being gone is the same REGARDLESS of where they are. Loneliness isn't picky of who it preys on. Being scared to be home alone knowing you are the one to have to protect your children from what ever evil is on the other side of the door is the SAME if your love is away on business or a million miles away.

I understand it can be annoying when someone compares their job to your husbands but even then at the end of the day this is the life we chose to live and in every life there are things we do and we dont like and just because our life may seem a lot worse then others or vise versa we don't have the right to tear someone down or be little some ones emotions because they aren't going through what we are going through. This might sound a little tree huggerish but remember everyone needs to support everyone in the low times not tear them up because their low isn't as low as yours in your eyes. Because of the life we choose our lows can be pretty low but to someone who has never been there can never understand it....The same thing applys the other way as well we have no idea what the low feels like to them and to judge them for that only makes ourselves weaker.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I COMPLETELY agree!