31 July 2012

30 days down

In a deployment I always find that it is easy to set goals where I know I will accomplish them. For instance the first goal we all make is "im gonna loose weight and be sexy" well that's all well and good (and another blog entry) however some will succeed and some will fail. No one likes to fail and it only makes you feel crummy SO I set things I know I will achieve mixed in with a few I will actually have to work hard at. In a few days this deployment will have reached its 1 month down mark. I've made it. Everyone is still alive and I am mostly sane. I feel victorious and like the time is moving along quickly. The mind game I play with myself is what ever one makes the days go faster. This time it was actually counting the days in a few months ill be counting the actual months. Either way its one month down only 8 or so more to go!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Woohoo! Eight months sure sounds a lot better then nine months!!! And it really is moving quickly, at least for me. This has been the fastest paced one out of the five! Kinda strange actually, but I will take it :)

Holly said...

My husband will be home in a few days and our deployment also has seemed to fly by.. It's odd saying that lol