One of the good things about deployments is that most families start to do things they normally wouldn't do or things they have always wanted to do but never had the time to do. Things start to come into perspective and you start making up for all the time between last deployment and NOW. For our family that meant going to Niagara Falls. It was completely beautiful and just as amazing as I had always dreamed it would be. We all enjoyed it and for a moment I think we were able to forget that Daddo (as my son calls him) was gearing up to leave. We were able to just be together as a family and forget that for the next 9-10 months we would be separated by something much larger then Niagara Falls.
As the time comes closer the feelings get rawer, the anticipation builds, the fear builds, the strength begins to well up, the questions from the kiddo begins, the realization that daddo really is going to be leaving sets in and everyone is stuck between our soldier is still here and yet he is gone. I think your stuck in the alright leave and get this over with and lets savor and suck every last second we can out of this. People start getting irritated because their men are working and not at home with the kids and it starts to get difficult for families to understand that things still need to be done! I could only imagine that this couple of weeks to days before pulling off is probably the hardest, most stressful time and as the bus pulls off I can imagine the collective sigh they all have and the collective thought of "Okay, LETS DO THIS...." Where as the families left behind are thinking "Okay what do we do now?"
No comments:
Post a Comment